Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Memories from Mongolia...

In preparation of moving back home, I have been doing alot of cleaning out. I've been shredding and throwing away stored up papers (some from '00!), sorting various items into keep, trash, and yard sale, and experiencing some memories in the process. I found a magazine that I didn't know I had about Campus Crusade's efforts in Mongolia. (Maybe someone gave it to me before I went?) And, blessed gift, I found all my notes, photo negatives, and keepsakes from the trip!
My favorite of these notes is the translation of a song I learned. I would type the Mongolian and then the English, but my Mongolian version is spelled out in "Kathryn's Phonetics," so it really wouldn't do it justice. But I love how it translates into English:
I sing/worship You only;
I will give/adore only for You;
Very nice sound from my heart;
God of the world, please take my praise.
I will look/search only for You;
I will give gifts only for You;
Holy, Holiest, the best/first from my heart (I give You);
Please take my gift, life's God.

O Holy, Holiest Lord...I want to give you my best and my first from the whole of my heart. Lord, I agree with Paul in that it is my desire to do right, but how to do it seems to escape me, for what I would, that I do not, and what I would not, that I do. Thank You, Father, that it is not up to me to be holy enough. Thank You for the precious gift of Your Son, Jesus.
Lord my gift to You is my heart and my life. You are my life's God. Please take my gift and my praise.

1 comment:

lal said...

okay, you're moving home? man, it has been a while since we talked. i will be in your area this weekend for rodney's wedding. any chance we could see each other?